Use of this website and the Metrohm apps: applicability of the following Terms and Conditions
By accessing the website of Metrohm AG (hereinafter «Metrohm») or downloading the Metrohm apps, you declare that you have understood the following Terms and Conditions and that you agree with them. If you do not agree with them, please do not access our website or download the Metrohm apps.
Access to this Site and Changes
1. Access to and use of the i) www.metrohm.co.uk or ii) www.metrohm.ie website (this "Site") is provided by us subject to these Site Terms. We ("we" or "us" or "our") are:
i) Metrohm UK Limited, a company registered in England under number 02949769 with its registered office at Metrohm House, Evenwood Close, Daresbury Court, Runcorn, Cheshire, England WA7 1LZ
ii) Metrohm Ireland Limited, a company registered in Ireland under the number 238859 with its registered office at Carlow Gateway Business Centre, Athy Road, Carlow, Ireland
2. Your use of any part of this Site constitutes your acceptance of these Site Terms which takes effect on the date on which you first use this Site. If you do not agree with these Site Terms, you should cease using this Site immediately.
3. We reserve the right to change these Site Terms at any time without notice to you by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the amended Site Terms.
4. You are responsible for all access to this Site through your Internet connection and for bringing these Site Terms to the attention of all such persons.
5. You must not submit to us or to this Site or to any visitor to this Site any viruses, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
6. You shall fully and promptly indemnify us against all damages, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, charges, costs and expenses which we may suffer or incur as a result (direct or indirect) of any breach by you of any obligation on you under these Site Terms.
Availability of This Site, Security and Accuracy
7. Whilst we endeavour to make this Site available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. We make no warranty that your access to this Site will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. Access to this Site may be suspended temporarily or permanently at any time and without notice.
8. We do not warrant that this Site will be compatible with any or all hardware and software which you may use. We shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may affect, any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to or use of this Site or your obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, this Site. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
9. We may change or update this Site and anything described in it without notice to you.
10. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information and materials on this Site are correct, no warranty or representation, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate, up-to-date, fit for a particular purpose and, to the extent permitted by law, we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions. If you place orders as a result of using this Site, you are responsible for ensuring that your orders contain all necessary and accurate information.
11. The material contained on this Site is provided for information purposes only and it shall not give rise to any commitment or obligation by us. Any information on this Site shall not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Nothing on this Site should be relied on as statements or representations of fact. You must satisfy yourself by as to the correctness of any statements made in relation to anything on this Site and make further enquiries before proceeding with any course of action.
12. The contents of this Site are intended for convenience only. Nothing on this Site, including, without limitation, any technical specification of a product or related application, shall constitute advice specific to your circumstances or a recommendation. We do not suggest that any product or service mentioned on this Site meets your individual requirements, is available to you or complies with laws outside of England.
Our liability to you
13. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for our fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability that we cannot exclude or limit at law.
14. To the extent possible by law and subject to paragraph 13 above, to the extent permitted by law:
14.1 our maximum liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or under any legal head of liability) in relation to your use or inability in use or delay in use of this Site or any material in them or accessible from them or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material shall be £10; and
14.2 we shall not have any liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or under any legal head of liability) in relation to your use or inability to use or delay in use of this Site or any material in them or accessible from them or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material for any: (a) indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs or expenses; (b) loss of actual or anticipated profits; (c) loss of contracts; (d) loss of use of money; (e) loss of anticipated savings; (f) loss of revenue; (g) loss of goodwill; (h) loss of reputation; (i) loss of business; (j) loss of operation time; (k) loss of opportunity; or (l) loss of, damage to or corruption of, data; whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such losses. For the avoidance of doubt, (b) to (l) apply whether such losses are direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise.
15. The Metrohm name and logo and all related names, design marks and slogans are the trade marks or service marks of us or our licensors.
Third Party Websites
16. Except for our other sites, we have no control over and accept no responsibility for the content of any site to which a link from this Site exists (unless we are the provider of those linked sites). Such linked sites are provided “as is” for your convenience only with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them. We do not provide any endorsement or recommendation of any third party site to which this Site provides a link.
17. You must not without our permission frame any of this Site onto your own or another person's website.
18. We hereby grant to you a revocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to provide a link from your website to the home page of this Site, provided that you do so in a fair and legal way without damaging our reputation or taking advantage of it. In particular:
18.1 you shall not make any warranties or representations about us, our services or our policies except with our prior express authorisation;
18.2 you shall not say anything that is false, misleading, derogatory or offensive about us or our services or properties; and
18.3 you shall not suggest expressly or impliedly that we have endorsed your site or are associated with it where this is not the case.
20. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted and the remaining Site Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
21. If you want to contact us for any reason, please complete the “Contact Us” form on the Site or email us at email@example.com, telephone us on 01928 579600, fax us at 01928 532371 or write to us at Metrohm UK Limited, Metrohm House, Evenwood Close, Daresbury Court, Runcorn WA7 1LZ.
English law and jurisdiction
22. These Site Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any dispute which may arise under these Site Terms.
Copyright and other intellectual property rights
The whole content of the website of Metrohm and of the Metrohm apps is subject to copyrights. All copyrights on the content of the website of Metrohm and of the Metrohm apps remain the property of Metrohm. Any reproduction, transfer, alteration, or utilization of the website, of the apps, and of the Metrohm logo for any public and/or commercial purpose without prior written consent of Metrohm is prohibited.
The Metrohm word and the Metrohm logo are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Metrohm AG.
No statement is made of rights with respect to other trademarks, service marks, or trade names, whether registered or not, which may attach to certain words or signs used herein. The absence of such statement, however, in no way implies that there is no legal protection of these marks, trade names, words, or signs.
Note that any product, process, or technology described in these documents may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by Metrohm or a third party.
No right to use any of the above-mentioned intellectual property rights of Metrohm, whether registered or not, is granted hereunder in any way whatsoever.
Information on the website and in the apps
Metrohm is as diligent as possible in compiling and updating the information on its website and in the Metrohm apps. However, Metrohm does not guarantee the correctness and completeness of the information provided on its website or apps. Equally, Metrohm does not guarantee that this information is up to date. For questions concerning our products, their specifications, and their utilization please refer to the instruction manual and/or a qualified expert of Metrohm.
By using a link to a third party’s website you leave the website of Metrohm. Metrohm has not verified the websites of third parties linked to the website of Metrohm and does not assume any responsibility for their content, particularly not for any offers, information, and opinions contained therein.
Reservation concerning changes
All information, representations, links, or other messages may be changed by Metrohm at any time without prior notice or explanation to the user. In particular, Metrohm is not obliged to remove any outdated information from its website or the Metrohm apps or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
Exclusion of liability
Metrohm excludes any and all liability for direct or indirect damages of any kind in connection with the access or the utilization of its website or single elements of it and the information provided by its website insofar as and to the extent that such exclusion is not prohibited by law. Metrohm also excludes any and all liability for direct or indirect damages of any kind in connection with the download or the utilization of the Metrohm apps or single elements of it and the information provided by the apps insofar as and to the extent that such exclusion is not prohibited by law. Liability claims regarding damage caused by an interruption of a part of or all functionalities of the website of Metrohm or the Metrohm apps are excluded as well and to the same extent.
Furthermore, Metrohm does not guarantee that the functions on its website and of the Metrohm apps are free of errors, that errors are corrected, or that the site or the respective server and the Metrohm apps are free of viruses or any other harmful components and shall not be held liable in this regard.
The information on this website and in the Metrohm app is provided «as is» without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property rights.
Specifications concerning products and applications
On its website and in the Metrohm apps, Metrohm provides various technical specifications concerning its products and applications related to these products. These specifications do not form part of an instruction manual for products of Metrohm. They do not constitute recommendations or guidance for decisions concerning the purchase of technical products. The information on the website and in the apps provided by Metrohm only serves general information purposes; it may be subject to change at any time without prior notice to the user. Therefore, technical specifications concerning products of Metrohm and information about applications related to these products offered on the website or in the Metrohm apps may differ from realities. Binding specifications and information are only those in the instruction manual of the product purchased by the client. In these matters, particularly but not exclusively concerning the question whether a product of Metrohm fulfills the needs of the customer, the required technical specifications, and applications, you should seek advice from a qualified expert of Metrohm or one of our official distributors.
No information published on the website of Metrohm or in the Metrohm apps constitutes a solicitation or offer or invitation to conclude any legal act of any kind whatsoever; it solely serves informational and descriptive purposes. The content of any purchase contract (i.e., technical data, price, and applications of the products of Metrohm) concerning the purchase of products of Metrohm is constituted only by the purchase agreement as such and integral parts thereof (specifications on the website never form part of a contract).