Monitoring the quality of hydraulic and/or lube oils is critical to prevent premature wear of any kind of machinery. In a free webinar on October 27, 2022, Metrohm will take a closer look at this topic focusing on the combination of titration (potentiometric, thermometric, coulomtetric Karl Fischer titration) and Vis-Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (Vis-NIRS).
Participants in this webinar will learn how combining titration (highly sensitive, specific, a widely used primary method) with Vis-NIRS (fast, non-destructive, results for multiple parameters at once) can make oil condition monitoring and/or lubricant analysis much more efficient, especially if large sample series have to be analyzed every day.
Attending this webinar, participants will learn and understand:
- The specific advantages of each method (titration and Vis-NIR-Spectroscopy)
- How and when to use these methods to measure critical chemical and physical parameters in lube and hydraulic oils
- What thermometric titration is and how it helps to improve robustness of serial acid number testing
- How to automate measurements of large sample series to increase robustness and reproducibility
- How Vis-NIRS for lubricant analysis complies with ASTM guidelines and can save costs and time