It's an exciting time at Metrohm USA!
We are the North American division of world-renown Metrohm AG (Herisau, Switzerland), an industry leader in laboratory instruments and accessories for analytical testing/research. We are looking for a Training Manager to join our team in the Riverview, FL headquarters.
It's your chance to be a part of a dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
The Training Manager (TM) oversees all internal and customer training provided by Metrohm USA. The TM aligns all activities with company goals and targets and proactively manages resources to achieve them. Handles all aspects of running efficient team of Trainers; including hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating, and utilizing appropriate corrective action, as needed.
- Leads the training team toward delivering a great training experience and achieving operational goals
- Build effective teams and provides coaching and development to maximize employee performance
- Analyzes performance, identifies and implements cross training opportunities between teams; works to eliminate waste
- Maintains and proactively manages Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the teams to improve our training offerings
- Responsible for documenting process, procedures and technical information regarding products, and service delivery to customers
- Provides training on SOP’s for internal partners and external customers, including program/process implementation, creation and organization of materials, execution of training program and training of trainers
- Creates a collaborative environment with other teams to facilitate process improvement, process standardization, and increased quality of service for customers
- Travel to customer sites to expand knowledge and increase exposure to the markets we serve
Education / Experience / Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or closely related scientific field, or extensive technical experience in a laboratory/scientific setting; MBA preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience, including hiring, training, coaching, performance management and employee relations
- Two (2) years' previous experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist, or related position strongly preferred
- Previous hands-on experience overseeing multiple functional areas including training, technical support/lab, customer support, etc in a relevant setting
- Demonstrated history of delivering results. Previous experience developing self-help/self-service tools strongly preferred
- Experience with CRM & ERP software; advanced Microsoft Excel skills desired
- Previous experience managing a cost center(s) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive communicator
- Confident public speaker and a devoted (or some other descriptive word) educator
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning methodologies and curriculum development for adult learners
- Ability to establish and build rapport with others, both internal and external to the organization
- Travel up to 20% to customer sites, company facilities, trainings, conferences, etc.