It's an exciting time at Metrohm USA!
We are the North American division of world-renown Metrohm AG (Herisau, Switzerland), an industry leader in laboratory instruments and accessories for analytical testing/research. We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our team. This position is field based and is responsible for managing a team of sales representatives that cover the SE Region. The territory includes Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and South Carolina. The ideal candidate will reside within the assigned territory.
It’s your chance to be an integral part of dynamic team and make an immediate impact!
The Sales Manager is responsible for the profitable achievement of sales objectives associated with their assigned territory. This role is a sales management position where the expectation is that the chosen individual has the experience and maturity to work in cross departmental teams, undertake or lead special projects, coordinate key customer interactions and plans, provide leadership to program execution to accelerate sales. This person will also mentor and coach within and without the sales organization to facilitate alignment and execution. Additionally, the Sales Manager manages all aspects of running an efficient sales team; including hiring, supervising, coaching, motivating and utilizing appropriate correction action, as needed.
- Prioritizes coaching & performance management efforts to have the greatest overall impact on business results; coordinates involvement of support personnel
- Proactively inspects sales activity and efforts of the assigned team, including strategic accounts and special market projects
- Uses SPIN selling skills and concepts to coach sales reps on sales opportunities
- Recruits, hires and develops associates in conjunction with Sales Director
- Positively impacts performance of individual sales team members by implementing field support tools including account and territory planning and communication
- Leads the forecasting efforts among managed team
- Fosters a close partnership with Marketing
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with key personnel
- Establishes productive relationships with field marketing, business development, strategic account teams
- Continuously provides market and competitive feedback to Product Management
- Effectively utilizes CRM and coaches team on best practices
- Communicates at a high level verbally, written, and electronically
- Demonstrates advanced problem-solving skills
Education / Experience / Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or equivalent; and minimum of five to seven (5 – 7) years of industry-related sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three (3)+ years of experience managing teams preferred, including hiring, coaching, training, and managing performance; or demonstrated leadership skills and/or aptitude, including motivating teams, setting goals, resolving conflict, mentoring and achieving corporate and financial goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable Motor Vehicle Report